Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Resolve...

...I've been thinking long and hard about this year's resolutions.  What do I really want to accomplish in 2011?  After a lot of contemplation, I decided to narrow it down to a few simple, yet very important life changes.  Here are my wants, goals, and desires for 2011:

*Focus on building my photography business.  I need to create a concrete plan, increase my clientele, continue to learn new things, and set/accomplish goals for the future of this business of mine.  Right now I am working on my logo and cannot wait to reveal it later this month!

*Do some form of exercise five days a week.  I fell off the wagon in September.  I had school, my parents' illnesses, and the hubs/kiddos.  My plate was full and something had to give.  Gravity has taken a firm grasp on my butt.  It also didn't help that my gym closed my nearest location.  Now I have to hop on the freeway and commute two cities.  Not. Gonna. Happen.  It is challenging enough just to get a couple of miles down the street!  But this does not mean I can't walk or take the dogs for a hike.  Must get back in the habit, my dogs and saggy booty will thank me!

*Take a photo every day.  Just something I thought would be fun.  Record the mundane as well as the spectacular.  Becky Higgins' Project Life was my inspiration for this resolution.  I spend so much time taking photos of others I sometimes forget to shoot pics of us.  Aaak!

*Start a new photo project.  One of my past photo instructors had an interesting photo project, taco trucks.  Totally random, but quirky and fun.  I am not sure what I want to do yet.  Maybe San Francisco.  Cliched? Yes.  Overdone?  Definitely.  One of my favorite places?  Hell yeah!  Incredibly dynamic?  Fer sure!  But the jury is still out on my topic...

*Continue to try new recipes.  I have got to work my way through that ever-growing stack of recipes I insist on collecting.  By the way, have two yummy ones to share with you!

*Blog more.  My goal is to start with one entry per week and work my way up to a few per week.  I love it, but don't always make time for it.  Just need to make it into a habit.

No comments: